**GILLUM FACTS** Tallahassee’s Violent Crime Rate Increased Under Andrew Gillum
TAMPA, FL- At tonight’s Florida Gubernatorial Debate hosted by CNN, Andrew Gillum tried to claim that violent crime is Tallahassee is decreasing, but in reality, violent crime has increased under Andrew Gillum.
Andrew Gillum served as a city commissioner from 2003 to 2014 and was elected mayor of Tallahassee in 2014. From 2009 to 2013, public documents show that Andrew Gillum and the Tallahassee City Commission repeatedly ignored pleas from law enforcement for help with a growing crime problem. Also beginning in 2009, the murder rate began to trend upward. By 2017 the murder rate in the City of Tallahassee was higher than rates in Miami and Orlando.
FACT: Under Mayor Andrew Gillum, Tallahassee has had the highest crime rate in Florida over the last four years and has been named one of the most dangerous cities in America.
- Leon Crime Rate Down, Still Leads Florida Tallahassee Reports
- Crime Rate Down, but Leon County Still Tops State Tallahassee Democrat
- Gillum's Own Chief of Staff Criticizes Tallahassee Crime Rate Politico
- Magazine Ranks Tallahassee as Dangerous Place to Live; TPD Chief Unhappy WFSU
- PolitiFact Rating ‘Mostly True’: Mayor Andrew Gillum Presided Over the Highest Crime in Florida PolitiFact
FACT: Andrew Gillum and the city commission repeatedly ignored pleas from law enforcement for help and declined to hire more police officers as murder rates skyrocketed.
- Andrew Gillum, Tallahassee City Commission Ignored Pleas from Police; Murder Rate Increased 52% Tallahassee Reports
Learn more at GillumFacts.com.
Get press releases by email