Estamos en Facebook y Twitter
Tallahassee, Fla. –Republican Party of Florida Chairman Blaise Ingoglia released the following statement announcing the launch of the bilingual, Twitter and Facebook accounts Somos GOP:
“As we move closer to the 2016 election our commitment remains to use every opportunity to engage with every voter – from Pensacola to Key West and everywhere in-between. That is why as part of our Hispanic engagement initiative we are excited to launch our Twitter and Facebook accounts, Somos GOP. We recognize the importance of engaging with individuals where they are, and providing meaningful content that provides the opportunity to discuss the issues facing our nation. With a commitment to engaging and expanding our Hispanic base, we are excited for the road ahead to 2016.”
- "Like" Somos GOP on Facebook here
- Follow Somos GOP on Twitter here
- These accounts will have content both in English and Spanish – and possibly some Spanglish
- The RPOF has six bilingual, Hispanic-American staffers dedicated to Hispanic engagement
- Last week, Chairman Ingoglia published his first Spanish-language op-ed on Univision.com stating the Party’s goal to strategically pursue the Hispanic vote
Hispanics on Social Media:
Pew Research Survey
- Hispanics are the most active group on social media sites
- 80% of U.S. Latinos adults use social media, that's more than whites (70%) and African Americans (75%).
- Hispanics use Facebook at a higher rate than non-Hispanics.
- 25% of Hispanics are on twitter compared to 21% of Whites.
Note: Earlier today, the RPOF released a memo, The Social Media Advantage, detailing the Party’s advantage over the Florida Democrats on social media.
Get press releases by email