Republican Party of Florida Statement on Joe Biden's Visit to Tampa
“If anyone needed a reminder as to why counties like Hillsborough and Pinellas flipped for Governor DeSantis, they have one today with Biden’s visit to Tampa. Biden and Democrats consistently put special interests over educators and students, inflationary spending over the best interest of American families, and open borders over American security.”
The federal government refusing to act on Florida’s Prescription Drug Importation proposal is just another example of the Biden Administration trying to hold Florida back.
- Florida submitted its landmark Canadian Drug Importation Program to the federal government. This program could save Floridians $150 million annually, yet the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has refused to act on this proposal.
- In response to federal government inaction, Florida is finding innovative ways to drive transparency and accountability among health care services.
Joe Biden has continuously attacked Governor DeSantis’ efforts to ensure that Florida kids are being educated in schools, not indoctrinated.
- Joe Biden took issue with Florida’s common sense Parental Rights in Education legislation, which ensures that young children are being taught reading, writing, and arithmetic in schools, not sex and gender theory.
The contrast couldn’t be clearer: Governor DeSantis empowers educators; Joe Biden empowers special interests:
Joe Biden repeatedly campaigned with teachers’ union boss Randi Weingarten, who relentlessly pushed to forcibly mask school children and keep schools closed. Biden’s CDC also asked Weingarten for language on school reopening guidance.
- Democrat-led lockdowns and forced masking resulted in irreparable damage to America’s children.
- Governor DeSantis announced unprecedented legislation to empower educators, protect teachers from overreaching school unions, and raise teacher pay.
- Joe Biden repeatedly campaigned with teachers’ union boss Randi Weingarten, who relentlessly pushed to forcibly mask school children and keep schools closed. Biden’s CDC also asked Weingarten for language on school reopening guidance.
Florida serves as the nation’s safeguard from federal government overreach and incompetence:
- When Joe Biden tried to impose a job-killing vaccine mandate, Governor DeSantis stood in his way.
- Governor DeSantis urged Democrats and Biden to be more ambitious in opening schools.
- After the Biden Administration issued unscientific and inconsistent recommendations that school-aged children wear masks, Governor DeSantis protected parents’ freedom to choose.
- While Joe Biden refuses to secure the border, Governor DeSantis has taken action to protect Floridians from the dangerous impacts of the Biden Border Crisis.
- The Florida Disaster Fund has stepped in where FEMA denied funds for hurricane victims.
- Amid the worst inflation in four decades, Governor DeSantis has proposed historic tax relief via the Framework for Freedom budget to permanently end sales tax on essential household and children’s items.